We have evidence of Aloe Vera and its healing properties since ancient times.
The Egyptians used it in the medical field, not only to heal wounds or as a purgative, but also in the cosmetic field and in the mummification process. Even the Greeks and Romans knew the importance and the thousand uses of this magnificent plant, and for all the years to come, the cultures of different continents have been able to benefit from this wonderful plant.
We also know that there are hundreds of different species of Aloe Vera, belonging to the Liliaceae family, with different characteristics and properties, also based on the geographical area in which they grow.
what are the factors that make Aloe Vera Barbadensis Miller (Aloe Vera “Canariensis”) so special compared to other species? Why is it present in large quantities in the Canary Islands?
Let’s analyze together some characteristics of this plant with infinite nutritional properties:
- The crops present in the Canary Islands do not require fertilizers and pesticides, thanks to the volcanic soil that provides all the nutrients to the plants.
- The hours of light and the mild and constant climate all year round allow plants to grow and develop in the most optimal and natural way possible.
- Aloe plants need very little water to grow, because they absorb the humidity of the sea, thanks to the trade winds that blow over the islands all year round.
- The crops of Aloe Vera Canaria are special, because they absorb all the nutrients from the volcanic soil where they grow. In fact, recent studies state that Aloe Vera Canaria has about fifteen more active ingredients than the same variety grown in other parts of the world.
- To make the Aloe juice and gel, only plants that are at least 5 years old are used, to ensure that the active ingredients are more concentrated.
- From each Aloe plant, a maximum of 3-4 leaves per year are cut, strictly by hand, to allow the plant to grow and become thicker and stronger.
- The cut leaves are brought to the laboratory within 24 hours of cutting to preserve their freshness.
- The “cold stabilization” of the leaves is carried out: this process guarantees that the properties of the Aloe are not altered. The result is a highly effective product, with a high content of active ingredients.
- The final product obtained is a 99.8% pure juice, without added water. The taste is characteristic of Aloe, a little bitterish, while the consistency is almost dense, similar to a gel, with pulp inside.
- The juice obtained is free of aloin, a highly irritating and laxative substance for humans, if taken in large quantities and for long periods.
Have you already tried our Pure Aloe Vera products?