Natural and organic cosmetics are greatly influencing and changing the cosmetics panorama.
A question that may be trivial for many, but let’s clarify the reasons why we should rely on natural beauty products.
Before answering this question, let’s try to understand what we mean when we talk about natural and ecological cosmetics.
These are all those high quality natural products, certified by authorized bodies and which have passed strict controls. They must be made with ingredients of natural origin and very often from organic farming. Furthermore, it is a “green cosmetic” in terms of sustainability: this not only for the organic formulations, but also for the eco-sustainable packaging used.
Let’s see 5 good reasons to switch to natural and organic cosmetics for the care of our body:
- one of the main ones is their total naturalness: they are, in fact, free of synthetic preservatives and harmful substances. They do not contain petroleum-based ingredients, and substances such as phthalates, oxybenzone or parabens. This guarantees a long life of the product, at the expense of our skin.
- another valid reason is that they are environmentally friendly cosmetics. For their elaboration, only biodegradable elements are used that do not contaminate the environment. The choice of packaging also makes the difference with innovative formats that are contributing to a drastic reduction of packaging: compostable materials are used, suitable for recycling and non-polluting. In fact, these are increasingly sustainable cosmetics for the care of the body and the environment!
- no less important is the fact that their formulations are not tested on animals and are therefore totally cruelty free. A good practice that fortunately more and more countries are adopting. The advice we give you is to always read the labels of what you are buying: it is essential to choose in a safe and conscious way.
- very often when we talk about ecological cosmetics we talk about an artisanal product. Here, another good reason is to choose small businesses and not big organic brands. A craftsman, in addition to selecting natural ingredients, perhaps some of their own production, puts his passion and knowledge to make each product unique.
- finally, choose them for your health and well-being! Plants present in nature have always been used for body care and their use has been proven over the years. In ecological cosmetics we can find many more active ingredients, minerals and vitamins, compared to conventional cosmetics, because the ingredients of plant origin are not synthesized or chemically modified.
And you, for which of these reasons do you choose to switch to natural and ecological cosmetics? Only one is enough to be able to change and to be able to make a more sustainable and conscious choice.